Thursday, September 03, 2009

Ol' Jack Burton Always Says...

The topic on the Avalanche blog is "Childhood Re-Drawings" where we're taking stuff we loved and would draw as kids and rendering them now with our more developed artistic skills. I was obsessed with the movie Big Trouble in Little China as a child. When asked what I wanted to be when I grew up I would answer "a truck driver who fights monsters," which is how I interpreted the occupation of Jack Burton from the film. So I decided to paint him, my childhood hero.

7 comments:

Heather said...

That Kurt Russell is so dreamy...

Dillon Thompson said...

Classic. "The check's in the mail".

Unknown said...

What a great show.I hope aspire to your hero.

Nathan Lindsay said...

"...he just stands there waiting for me to drive my truck straight through him, with light coming out of his mouth!"

very slick Kevin.

Steven Keele said...

What a fun show. Kinda reminds me of the Mummy movies.

Jeff Solway said...

Kurt Russell rocks, one of my favorite movies

Neil Hiatt said...

I love this movie!